Sep 5, 2008

1Cor 13:1-3 - Love

 
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. 

(1Co 13:1-3 NIV)

Any of the gifts of the holy spirit is very empty without the ultimate fruit of the spirit - Love. Works is often empty if not filled with the spirit of love. Love is the essence of Christian life. It is indeed the only thing God expects from us. It is the essence of God. It is His nature to love. And His glory shines through us, when we reflect this fruit of the spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment