Apr 13, 2009

Musing on Good friday and easter

This season was probably the only easter season that I had felt no overly amount of joy or sorrow! Usually I feel sorrowed in the good friday service. The anglican church that I walked into had a set of beautiful bible readings and a few songs. But I was detached. It was like seeing a movie where you know the ending is happy ! So the sad scene doesn't sadden you any more. 

Christ died - as a part of the divine plan for our salvation. He suffered - and the enormity of His suffering should remind me -Daily- about the cost of His sacrifice for getting our salvation. PRaise the Lord - Jesus was resurrected - the start of our victory in the Lord. The holy spirit came to us, orchestrating the salvation of billions. I remembered all that with thanks during the service. 

Every day is a good friday or a monday or whatever - for a Christian. Every day - every moment - we should remember the sacrifice of our lord and his humilation on the cross - as a constant reminder to keep away from sin. Every day should be easter for us - reminding ourselves of the risen Lord and to have the lord risen in our hearts - we should die that he may rise within us. 

We are so blessed to have a loving God with us. It does seem very limiting (personally) to observe the joy of good friday and easter once in a year! :)

God bless us all abundantly ... 


1 comment:

  1. I am sure many would perceive this post as un-christian. Believe it or not - I don't feel as guilty as I thought I may ! :)

    ReplyDelete