Aug 28, 2008

Blessings for the children

Children are such precious gifts from our lord! What would I ask for my son if I were to ask our Lord for blessings ?! While my answer would have been different a few years back, I am convinced that the best thing that I could ask for Mathew is - that he be filled with the Godly spirit from his childhood, that God use him as a blessed instrument throughout his life, that he always abides in Him, that he always enjoys the constant soothing presence of the lord. I love my child - I would be happy to see him have a good life, get a good education, have a successful professional life, have a blessed married life, etc if God has bestowed these blessings on him ! But more than all this, I know that the main factor that would enrich his life is his personal relation with God. And that is enough !

A few verses from the bible which I saw today.

Psa 127:3 Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Psa 8:2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

Isa 44:3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring: Isa 44:4 And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.

Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Isa 54:13 And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

Pro 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Eph 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Deu 30:2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;

Let us thank God for all our blessings and pray in our mind about the values that we would want to inculcate in our next generation. And while we are at it, also a (humble) thought about these values that we would want to inculcate in ourselves.

PS:I thought of having a break from my normal devotionals and snippets - and I thought of reflecting on a personal message and finally this was the topic that I came to.

No comments:

Post a Comment