Aug 17, 2008

Salvation - The basics

I am happy to start this blog with what I consider to be the essence of christianity & the gospel ; It is for good reason that this is the most famous verse in the bible.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

A few thoughts on the greatness of this sacrifice [Synthesized from Adam Clarke's commentary]
1. The world was in a condemned state because of sin - and was sure to perish in eternity.
2. God , through his indescribable love (note the usage of "SO"), made a provision for it's salvation - by giving His Son as a sacrifice.
3. The sacrifice of Jesus was the only mean by which the redemption of man could be effected, and that it is absolutely sufficient to accomplish this gracious design.
4. Sin is an abhorred evil in God's eyes.
5. No man is saved through this sacrifice, but he that believes, i.e. who believes what God has spoken concerning Christ, his sacrifice, the end for which it was offered.
6. For those who believe, they are exempted from eternal damnation AND are brought to eternal glory - that they may have everlasting life!

As a result of salvation => The person is justified , by which the guilt of sin is removed, and consequently the person is no longer condemned to perdition. And is Sanctified, (his nature is purified by which he is properly fitted for the kingdom of glory.)

If you have received Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, as your Lord and Savior, it is because God, in His mercy, has opened your understanding. For it is written : For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Eph 2:8-10 KJVR)


What must I do to be saved?
1. Admit you are a sinner. For it is written : For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (Rom 3:23 KJVR) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23 KJVR)

2. Be willing to change, to forsake all sin, and live for Jesus. Repent. Be willing to ask God for His help, to help you make that change. For it is written : I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. (Luk 13:3 KJVR)

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
(Jas 4:4 KJVR)

3. Believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is God’s only begotten Son and that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. Believe that He died for your sins. Believe on Jesus Christ as your only hope of salvation. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
(Act 4:12 KJVR)

4. Ask for forgiveness. Ask for God’s mercy. By faith, receive Jesus Christ as your only hope of being saved and do not be ashamed. Confess Him openly as your only hope of salvation. As the spirit prompts you, believe, repent and be baptized in the name of Father, Jesus and the holy spirit.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
(Mar 16:16 KJVR)
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
(Rom 6:4 KJVR)

Surrender means "you give up." You stop putting your will before God’s will. You allow Jesus (God’s Word) to reign over you. You submit to Jesus and let Him become the Lord of your life.
If you have never humbled yourself, and totally surrendered to Jesus, and become as a little child (ref Mt 18:3), and continued steadfast in the faith, I would suggest that NOW IS THE ACCEPTED TIME; BEHOLD, NOW IS THE DAY OF SALVATION-2 Cor 6:2. Please submit to God, say this prayer, and mean it with all of your heart.

Dear Jesus, I am a sinner. I believe you are the son of God and died for my sins on the cross. Forgive all of my sins. Jesus, I repent. I ask you to have mercy on me, a sinner, and come into my life. Give me your spirit and your power. Help me to follow and obey your commandments, and to live for you. Lord God, I give you my life. Thank you for hearing my prayer. Thank you for opening my eyes and heart to receive you. Thank you for coming into my life. I ask it in the name of my lord and savior, jesus christ. Amen.
If you have said that prayer and meant it, God sees you in a different light now ! ! Immerse yourself in the word - Take your stumbling 2 steps towards God and watch Him run towards you !! May the Holy spirit reveal the scripture to you and take you forward in your new birth and life !

I pray for you my friend, as you read this. I pray that you find the peace that surpasseth all understanding. I pray that you find a new purpose in the new birth and life that you have come to. I pray for you to be wary of the world, and understand the subtleness of the adversary. I pray for you to wax in the spirit and to be filled with the abundant fruits!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment